Name:
Location: United States

Recently awarded rank of Fellow, Society for Technical Communcation (STC). Owner, Well Chosen Words (http://wellchosenwords.biz), providing consultative support for communication projects including management of complex proposal projects for small business clients to submit to secure contracts with government agencies. Aging gracefully with the ability to see humor in the ironic.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Frustration Level - Moderately High

Well, I decided today to take the time to publish posts in this blog daily. It is time I don't have, but something I really want to do. So, I wrote a very nice piece on some work I'm doing for a presentation on virtual collaboration using web-based tools. It was well written, interesting, and demonstrated my penchant for seeing humor in the ironic.

Then, then...I previewed the page - and, at that moment when I was ready to publish, a momentary interruption between my computer and the serve, and - it was gone, gone, gone. A very amateurish result for someone in the business of technical communication for about fifteen years - you guessed it - I hadn't saved the draft - and, it was gone...just like the bad ol' days of early word-processing. Thank heavens it wasn't a great poem.

Well Chosen Words will return soon - particularly if we can figure out how to post while on the road. jmh

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith Herr said...

At least I think it's amusing - someone with the nerve to call their business Well Chosen Words (and themselves a renaissance person when they know they are a dilittante) had better have the sense of humor to balance all that hubris.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home